Covid Vaccination Update
Canterbury Vaccination Centre, Sea Cadet Hub, Vauxhall Road, Canterbury CT1 1HD (next to the Council Recycling Centre) is operated by Northgate Medical Practice and is open during the following times for patients to attend for their COVID vaccinations who are eligible as below.
Monday to Friday 08.30am – 5.00pm
Appointments are by simply walking-in (no appointment needed) or via booking online on the national booking system or by calling 119 and asking for a Sea Cadet Hub appointment.
- Pfizer vaccines are available every day Monday to Friday for both appointments and walk-in
- Astra Zeneca vaccines are available on Wednesdays only for both appointments and walk-in
Those we can vaccinate at the Sea Cadet Hub:
- Eligible 12-15 years of age with underlying medical conditions or living within an immunosuppressed household – 2 doses Pfizer 8 weeks apart
- 16 -17 years and 9 months – one dose Pfizer currently under review by the JCVI for two doses
- 17 years and 9 months and up – two doses Pfizer 8 weeks apart
- Third Primary Dose – for those with underlying medical conditions with weakened immune systems – 3 Pfizer doses, the third dose 8 weeks after the 2nd dose
- Booster – cohorts 1-9 (50 years of age and up) and Health and Social Care Workers – this is the third Pfizer dose - 6 months after the 2nd dose
- If a patient has an allergy to Pfizer, Astra Zeneca will be offered instead for the above following discussion with the onsite GP
- There is parking available free of charge for three hours at the nearby Canterbury Retail Park in Vauxhall Road ( by Curry’s and M&S Foodhall) which is two minutes’ walk to the Sea Cadet Hub
- Parking is available at the Sea Cadet Hub only for those with blue badges, elderly or frail, this is due to insurance indemnity
Published: Oct 5, 2021