Ordering a repeat prescription
Order your repeat prescription online at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
Problems ordering online
Other ways to order
You can request your repeat prescription by:
Patients on regular medication will require repeat prescriptions and, for a safer and speedier service, repeat prescriptions are now computerised. Your Doctor will have entered onto the computer what medication you are taking and, each time a new prescription is written by the computer, a new request form is also generated for you to make your next request.
Each request for a prescription must be done individually, therefore, if doing a second patient prescription then remember to send your first request before doing the second otherwise we will not receive it.
Please be aware that if you remove your temporary internet files from your PC, then your saved prescription details will be lost. A new system set up allows you to create a prescription account with us. In this way, you log on and your prescription details will always be saved and deleting your temporary internet files will have no effect. We hope this helps.
Requests for repeat prescriptions are not taken over the telephone, as errors can occur in verbal communication.
Once you sent your online request, If you do not receive a system generated confirmation email after 1 hour then please resend your request. The confirmation email ensures you that we have received your request. You will not receive this email if you dont supply an email address although your request will get to us.
If you would like any technical help with doing online prescriptions or would like to check if we have received your request, please call us and ask to speak to Michael who will be happy to assist you.
- Repeat prescriptions will be ready for collection from the Practice 48 hours after we have received them. However, if you have arranged a Pharmacy Pick Up, their service time schedule may be longer, please check with your Pharmacy. They can also be processed at our Blean Branch Surgery. Any requests sent via this online service after 3pm will not be dealt with until next working day.
- If you have more than one repeat prescription, please try and order all your items together.
- If you are receiving any medication that is not on your request form, please add this clearly on the request slip and this will be added after checking this with the Doctor.
- Either deliver or post your repeat prescription form to the Northgate Medical Practice or to the Blean Branch Surgery, where it can also be processed, if you intend to collect it from there.
- We can send the prescription to your home address, but remember to enclose a stamped, addressed envelope. You can, if you choose, collect your repeat prescription from the surgery.
The Practice has facilities for the dispensing of prescriptions to residents of Blean and Rough Common at the Blean Surgery only. If you are a resident of Rough Common then you will have to complete an 'application despensing of medicines on grounds of serious difficulty' form and have it approved before we can dispense your medicine. This is necessary because there is a dispensary in Giles Lane on the University Estate.